Das neue Schuljahr hat bereits wieder angefangen - wie können Eltern Ihre Kinder unterstützen hinsichtlich deren Ernährung, um sowohl die Immunabwehr optimal zu gewährleisten als auch um die Gehirnfunktion & Energie positiv zu beeinflussen. Lesen Sie einige Tips in englischer Sprache von unserem BioCare Clinical Nutritionist Team:
As the new school year approaches, the manic school runs, last minute homework and unexpected spelling tests are out of our control, but as parents, we can provide our children with all the tools they need to keep their health in check. With optimum baseline nutrition, we can look to strengthen their immune defences and gear up their brains ready for the new term ahead!
- Eat the Rainbow: fill their diet with the widest variety of fruit and vegetables (mainly vegetables) of different colours. Aim for x7-9 portions of different types per day to maximise their nutrient intake, to support the health of every system in their body. Try sneaking in some fruit and vegetables into smoothies, soups, stews and tomato sauces.
- Incorporate choline rich foods: choline is a key substrate for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine which is fundamental to memory and learning. The best food sources of choline include runny egg yolks (eggs and soldiers!) and sunflower lecithin.
- Dose up on Omega-3: daily intake of Omega-3 rich foods to help boost immunity, mood, memory and concentration. Try sprinkling freshly ground hemp and flaxseeds onto their porridge, adding walnuts to smoothies and oily fish to homemade fish pies.
- Discover fermented foods: fermented foods, including kefir and sauerkraut, are great food sources of probiotics. Try incorporating them into your child’s diet by putting kefir mixed with honey on top of berries or into smoothies, and putting sauerkraut into pack-lunch sandwiches.
- Regular outdoor exercise and fun for at least 30 minutes per day to increase your children’s wellbeing, vitality and overall resilience, and support endogenous Vitamin d production to strengthen their immune system.
- Targeted supplementation with a specialised children’s multinutrient, omega-3, probiotics and botanical extracts like elderberry, zinc and Vitamin C would optimise their baseline nutrition status immune defences, digestion, and memory, concentration and mood. See our latest new solution for children here, combining beneficial bacteria and Vitamin D3.
Got a question? The brand you can talk to:
We have a team of Clinical Nutritionists at the end of our advice line, open to you, for product support and advice (5 days a week). 0121 433 8702 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For any topics relating to Switzerland, please contact email@example.com and see their webpage at www.nourishme.ch